The event will focus on the elaboration of circular economy policies in Central Bohemia (Czech Republic) (day 1). On day 2, specific examples on integrating circular economy considerations within building and infrastructure projects will be presented by local representatives, researchers and entrepreuneurs.
The event will take place online on February 3rd and February 4th (morning only). It is organized by the Central Bohemian Innovation Centre (SIC) in Czech Republic.
DAY 1 (3 February 2021)– Starting a circular economy policy in Central Bohemia: challenges and key players
- 09:00 – 09:15 Introduction by Jakub Pechlát, (SIC, Head of the projects division) presenting the Central Bohemian Innovation Centre (what is SIC, what are its competencies, what are its links with the regional authority?)
- 09:15– 10:00 – Circular economy in the Central Bohemia Region
1. Quick presentation of the region, its localization in CZ, its main environmental and economic characteristics, and main challenges (Jakub Pechlát, SIC)
2. Circular economy policies in the region: are they new, what are the challenges, etc – Cyril Klepek
3. Key players in building a circular economy policy in the region: mapping the players - Cyril Klepek
- 10:00 – 10:30 The Regional authority point of view
- 10:30 – 11:00 The Researchers point of view
- 11:00 – 12:00 – INCIEN – Institute of the Circular Economy, a key player in building a CE policy
1. What is INCIEN? Who is working for INCIEN? In connection with what other players? – Petr Novotný (5’)
2. The material flow analysis, a start to a CE policy in Central Bohemia + questions from the public – Petr Novotný (20’)
3. Green procurement by INCIEN – Soňa Jonášová, CEO. (25)
What are the lessons learned from running a huge project and academy on green procurement in Czech Republic and what are key take aways?
+ questions from the public (10)
- 12:00 – 12:15 – Summary and conclusions
Day 2 Case Studies – Building and Infrastructure
- 09:00 – 09:15 Keynote speech by the Regional authority – Environmental Division
- 09:15 – 10:00 - Mayor of Kněžice (municipality) Milan Kazda, Mayor - energy self-sufficiency What are the main take aways from running one of the most innovative village? How is the cooperation with the regional and what are the key challenges for the future?
+ questions from the public
- 10:00 - 10.45 – UCEEB – University Centre for Energy Efficient Buildings: Tereza Pavlů, Researcher - How regionally funded organization can challenge one of the most crucial quest of our days – demolition waste and use of recycled materials in construction + questions from the public
- 10:45 – 11:15 Debate with the public: the role of local authorities and researchers in developing a circular economy?
- 11:15 – 11:35 Rebetong/Erc-Tech - building rubble as a 100% replacement for natural aggregates for concrete production –Jan Čermák, CEO Case study one of the most important global CE innovations. What are the challenges in relationship with regions and local municipalities? + questions from the public
- 11:35 - 12:00 – Coma Modular – Stanislav Martinec - CEO European leader in modular construction. The municipal modular buildings are also popular with decision makers at all institutional and governmental levels + questions from the public
- 12:15 – 13:00 Conclusion – Cyril Klepek