The fifth thematic event focused on the recycling technologies in landfill management projects and took place in Mechelen (Belgium) on July 2-3, 2019.
The event started on Tuesday July 2 with a session for the partners where the good practices were discussed. In the afternoon the steering committee and a discussion of the action plans took place.
On Wednesday July 3 the thematic event continued with partners and stakeholders on recycling technologies in landfill management projects.
- Dynamic Landfill Management. Eddy Wille, Public waste Agency of Flanders.
- LFM, ELFM and Interim Use as part of an integrated Dynamic Landfill Management strategy. Yves Tielemans, Group Machiel > download the presentation
- Transformation of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Incinerator Bottom Ash into a freely applicable building material- AquiAsh. Marian Langevoort, Tauw.
- Cleaned sludge gets a second life in particular nature redevelopment project: De Vogelrots. Peter Van den bossche, DEME Group.
- The redevelopment of an old landfill into residential area in Turnhout. Bart Nevejans, Aertssen
> download the presentation or check out the video
- The remediation of a chemical waste landfill by means of ex-situ immobilisation. Peter Van den bossche, DEME Group.
The sixth thematic event will focus on the economic and legal aspects of landfill management projects and will take place on November 12-14 in Malta. Please contact your regional contactperson.