The third thematic event focused on the financial aspects of landfill management projects and took place in Larnaca and Nicosia (Cyprus) on September 25-26, 2018
The event started on Tuesday September 25 with a session for the partners where the good practices and action plans were discussed, followed by the steering committee. In the afternoon presentations on green procurement and transport of waste were held followed by a site visit to the Barracuda Recycling Facility.
On Wednesday September 26, 2018 the thematic event continued with partners and stakeholders on sessions on financing of landfill management projects though the OP and financial measures related to landfill management projects.
The full programme can be found here.
- Green public procurement in Cyprus. Natalia Georgiou, Department of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural development and Environment (Cyprus)
- Financial Aspects of Waste Shipments in Cyprus. Demetris Demetriou, Department of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural development and Environment (Cyprus)
- Overview of the COCOON project. Annick Vastiau, Coordinator COCOON, Cleantech Flanders (Belgium)
Session I: Financing of landfill management projects through OP:
- Operational programme Competitiveness and Sustainable development 2014-2020 - Cyprus. Charis Sotiriou, Planning Officer A’, Directorate General for European Programmes, Coordination and Development (Cyprus).
- Financing of landfill management projects through ERDF OP 2014-2020 Andalucia (Spain). Germán Coca, Regional Government of Andalucía (Spain).
- OP Brandenburg: ERDF funding for landfill measures in the periods from 2000 – 2013. Dr Stock, LfU Brandenburg (Germany)
- OP Brandenburg: inclusion of landfill measures in the current and the coming OP ERDF. Jan-Hendrik Kathmann, Ministry of Economy and Energy of Brandenburg (Germany)
- OP Malta: Some insights. Clyde Falzon, WasteServ Malta (Malta)
Session II: Financial measures related to landfill management projects
- Subsidy for brownfield projects in Flanders -possibilities for LfM projects. Eddy Wille, OVAM (Belgium)
- Financial system aftercare in the Netherlands. Jan Frank Mars, Rijkswaterstaat (Netherlands)
- Financial aspects related to sealing systems and aftercare. Dr Stock, LfU Brandenburg (Germany)
- Landfill tax in Flanders. Eddy Wille, OVAM (Belgium)
- Landfill tax in the Netherlands. Fons van de Sande, Rijkswaterstaat (Netherlands).
February 5-6, 2019 in Potsdam (Germany): The fourth thematic seminar will focus on landfill gas extraction and water recuperation in landfill management projects. Please contact you regional contact person for more information.