Les 7 Vents, located in Basse-Normandie, France, is a utility cooperative that deals with energy, climate and sustainable development that gathers organisations and individuals around a not for profit goal. Their members and partners work together to create a sustainable framework for the development of sustainable systems, from micro-economics to heating systems.
They work with companies, public bodies and individuals who acknowledge them thanks to the actions they are managing daily.
- Each year, the team provides independent, objective advice to about 1,800 citizens as Espace Info Energie (public advice place for free energy advice).
- During their 15 years of experience, they have supported more than 200 businesses and communities with studies, on-site facilitation and networking support through their design and consultancy office.
- In Lower Normandy, an Ecosite, a local energy agency and other European projects are among the innovative pilot projects they have developed. They have grouped these activities under the name of the innovation lab.
Their staff have technical competency associated with shared know-how. Cooperation, engineering, field expertise, horizon and scenario planning are amongst the methods they apply to energy, innovation and environmental fields.
Their everyday tasks consist of the implementation of:
- Emergence studies
- Training project
- Feasibility studies
- Territorial plans and carbon balances
- Energy diagnostics and audits
All of these projects required a close cooperation between the partners, the clients and themselves. From this point, they have been followed by an implementation leading to engagement and reduction of CO2 emissions.