How could you make a building more energy efficient? One of the main CLEAN stakeholders in Northern Ireland, Derry City and Strabane District Council, shares some easy tips:
- Keep doors and windows close to avoid draughts.
- Use energy efficient or LED light bulbs.
- Don't block radiators.
- Service your boiler regularly.
- Insulate your roof space and cavity walls.
- Switch off appliances and lights when not in use.
Being smart with the energy you use it's easier by sticking to this six-step checklist shared by our stakeholder Leo Strawbridge, Energy Manager at DCSDC. According to him, it will make your home / working place more energy efficient, it will reduce your carbon footprint and mitigate against climate change!