Director of the Laboratory of Soil Mechanics and Materials and also the deputy Director of LGCE
Email : [email protected]
1) Who are you? Introduce yourself and your functions in your company in a few lines ?
My name is Abriak and I’ve been a professor at IMT Lille Douai for thirty-four years. I’m the director of the Laboratory of Soil Mechanics and Materials and also the deputy Director of LGCE, which is the largest civil engineering laboratory in France. We are ninety professors and professor’s assistants and 80 students PHD (doctoral student).
The activities of our Department of civil engineering and environment go from the environmental valorisation of co-products to engineering models (for example valorisation of sediment and understanding) and modelling of the mechanism chemo-medicinal alteration of civil engineering model.
2) Explain us your circular project in a few lines ?
The objective of our project is to solve scientific issues and problems of wasting to become international and alternative material.
The scientific tasks are highly multidisciplinary. To summarise, the main objectives are:
- Understand the relative importance of the different characteristics of the sediments and waste.
- Propose behaviour’s laws of the type normal granular materials.
- Improve characterisation technique including ecological method.
3) How did you know about the Circe project ?
I knew the project through the discussion with CD2E about the European project. I found it amazing. For us it’s an excellent chance because we are going to develop some very innovative things, particularly material of civil engineering.