On 22 February 2019 the international project team and senior management of Kainuun Etu (KE) and the Regional Council of Kainuu (RCK) held a stakeholder meeting to introduce the policy impact and funding expectations based on Kainuu region's currently operational Interreg Europe projects; alignment with policy impact and funding possibilities within the Kainuu structural funds.
The Regional Council of Kainuu is the institution responsible for the regional development programme, the innovation strategy and Intermediate body (IB) of the Structural Funds. The key conclusion was that it is possible to benefit from synergies between projects and linkages between the ongoing and forthcoming period of Structural Funds.
Interreg Europe projects represented at the meeting were:
• BRIDGES (lead partner: KE, project partner: RCK)
• ecoRIS3 (project partner: KE, IB contact: RCK)
• eMopoli (project partner: RCK)
• INNO PROVEMENT (project partner: RCK)
• SKILLS+ (project partner: KE, IB contact: RCK)
• STOB regions (project partner: KE, IB: RCK)