On 29 to 31 October the European Institute of Romania, in partnership with StartupCafe.ro, organized the EuroIMPACT Conference and Workshops in Bucharest, Romania: Information and Better Communication on EU Cohesion Policy in Romania - event for decision-makers and experts involved in cohesion policy at national and regional level, representatives of business, civil society and academia.
Agenda included a conference, workshops and presentations of implemented projects and future project ideas. The event pursued three objectives:
- to discuss European cohesion policy in Romania, lessons learned and challenges for the future;
- to present to the general public successful projects, good practices, lessons learned and opportunities related to the implementation of the EU Cohesion Policy in Romania;
- to support the exchange of experience and ideas on this issue between institutions and specialists interested in project implementation, in the private sector, public administration, academia and civil society.
Participants (about 50) were very interested in BIOREGIO project and the expected outcomes towards a circular economy and initiated very interesting and useful discussion regarding:
- funds available through cohesion policy to support the circular economy
- circular economy - an opportunity to create new jobs.