Last 27th Osctober, the Catalan LSG met in Vilafranca del Penedès.
During this LSG meeting in Catalonia, impressions of the trip that took place in Slovenia in September were discussed. Attendants also visited the facilities of the heat network of the Vineyards for Heat (vineyards4heat.eu) , focused on the exploitation of pruning of vineyard. In addition, the group move forward in the operational proposals in order to achieve the goals set by the Strategy to promote the use of energy from forest and agricultural biomass.
From these proposals, the following were highlighted:
· To provide resources and enhance the operation of the Biomass Management Committee.
· A strong strategy should avoid sharing competencies and should maintain a certain unit of action.
· To publicize the subsidies for agricultural biomass and to monitor the consumption of facilities that use it.
· To take advantage of the study commissioned by the DARP in the Biomass Cluster to find regulatory solutions for the sale of heat to networks by public entities (contracts can no longer be validated) and the sale of biogas to networks.
· An attendant suggested that, from a bioeconomic point of view, biomass consumption should be further expanded to other areas beyond bioenergy, such as green chemistry, biofuel or bioplastic.