The activities of BIGDATA 4RIVERS project (Improving the European Rivers Water Quality through Smart Water Management Policies), which is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the INTERREG EUROPE 2014 – 2020, are continuing at a steady pace.
Having taken the security measures, due to Covid-19, a virtual meeting of Local Stakeholders was held on 22/06/2020, 13:00-14:15. The LSG was established to have active participation in the European project BIGDATA 4RIVERS.
The objective of this meeting was the presentation of the results of European partner’s virtual meeting which took place on 19/06/2020, the exchange of views and experiences between stakeholders and the preparation of the next steps of the program.
• Informing about the progress achieved in the implementation of the project
• Informing about the BIGDATA 4RIVERS 3rd Virtual Convention held on 19/06/2020
• Analysis of the Joint analytical report state of play by emphasizing the role of the leaders of each chapter and some communication guidelines between partners, leaders of each chapter and Technical Committee coordinator
• Informing about the selected Good Practices of Region of Attica for the project:
- Water quality monitoring with the use of robotic boats (EYDΑP)
- Monitoring of Asopos river basin: Chemical assessment of emerging contaminants (NKUA)
The virtual meeting was completed with discussion and proposals regarding the improvement of the joint analytical report of the European partners, as well as the good practices that the Attica Region wants to implement in its intervention area.