This webinar will cover an exciting development for on-shore wind in England with the first successful planning application for some time. The webinar is part of the AgroRES project.
Since the planning policy changes in England in 2016 on-shore wind deployment has quickly dried up. Now a community energy group has turned the tide and hopefully set the precedent for further applications.
The webinar will cover:
- Determining site suitability
- Getting planning consent and what to expect during the planning process
- Likely issues around land options and leases
- Getting grid connections
- Factors meaning a project is financiable
As reported by Regen, only three on-shore wind farms were completed in 2019 and of that only one was under the current wind policy and this was an extension. In Devon, the last wind turbine development was Batsworthy Cross of around 9 turbines which started operating in 2016. The development was refused and granted at appeal.
Ambition Community Energy CIC and Ambition Lawrence Weston have successfully got a large wind turbine development, of 150m tip height, and approximately 4MW rating through the planning process. The main reason is the high levels of community energy and the support of the local authority. This webinar will be an opportunity to find out how to emulate this great success so on-shore wind can be deployed again where appropriate.
- David Tudgey, Project Development Manager, Ambition Community Energy C.I.C
- Dr Charles Gamble, Operations Director, Ambition Community Energy C.I.C
- Gemma Melvill, Director and Principle Environmental Planner, The Landmark Practice
- Daniel Letch, Project Development, Pure Energy Professional Ltd
- Sonya Bedford, Partner, Stephens Scown