The first meeting with Silesia regional stakeholders was held on 18 February in Katowice. The meeting was attended by representatives of local government (Marshal's Office of the Silesian Voivodeship), universities, institutes, and research centres (Silesian University of Technology, University of Silesia, Central Mining Institute, Center of Polymer and Carbon Materials of the Polish Academy of Sciences), clusters (MedSilesia) and business environment institutions (Science and Technology Parks: "TECHNOPARK GLIWICE", "Euro-Centrum" and Upper Silesian Agency for Entrepreneurship and Development).
First of all, the project, its goals and main activities were presented. These include the development of reports that will identify how ESF and ERDF policies can better support SMEs in their preparation for Industry 4.0.
Content of the meeting have been summarised in two distinct reports as follows:
- Analysis of needs of key competencies in SME in Silesia Voivodesip according to Industry 4.0 which involves specific key areas and questions:
- What skills and digital maturity levels are needed alongside technological change?
- Competences necessary to make a change.
- How to develop Industry 4.0 companies?
- New technical competences and new professions
- Readiness for industry 4.0 in fields of resources in Enterprises, business support institutions and R&D institutions which involves specific key areas and questions:
- The idea of Industry 4.0 - challenges and benefits of the fourth industrial revolution.
- How do the ideas of Industry 4.0 perceive and implement Silesian enterprises, business support institutions and R&D institutions?
- At what stage of technological development are Silesian enterprises, business support institutions and R&D institutions?
Both reports will help to create an Action Plan for implementing changes in the above area in Silesian Voivodeship. They will give the crucial information (from the statistical one to the qualitative analyses) for how ESF/ERDF policies can better support SMEs in preparing for Industry 4.0.
Here below pictures of the meeting: