On 24 February, 40Ready participated in EU Industry Days, Europe's annual flagship industry event to discuss and tackle industrial challenges and co-develop policy opportunities and answers in an inclusive dialogue with a wide range of partners.
The event is also aimed at ensuring that policies at the European, national, regional and local level work together to enable European industry to create jobs, growth and innovation in Europe.
Helping SMEs to recover and remain competitive is a challenge that Europe has been facing. This event covered the various steps an SME can take to recover, as well as the financial and technical support available to them. In addition, the webinar was intended to show the improvement of different policy instruments through the interregional learning process managed by the Interreg Europe Programme, the identification of Good Practices and their transfer to other regions through action plans.
Here below the detailed agenda of the event.
- 10:00-10:10 Welcome by Ms Ivana Rae Almora (EURADA)
- 10:10-10:25 SCALE UP: how it supports concentration and robustness of SMEs within the renewed EU industrial policy. Presentation of its Best Practises. Speaker: Ms Maripaz López (INFO Murcia)
- 10:25-10:40 How FOUNDATION bolsters Small and Medium Companies by Building Regional Resilience to Industrial Structural Change. Presentation of its Best Practises Speaker: Mr Jose Carlos Garcia (CEEI Cartagena)
- 10:40- 11:30 Round Table. We invite our colleagues from 3 different existing Interreg Europe Projects, that also work towards the support of SME’s and their growth, to talk about their experiences. Moderator: Ms Ivana Rae.
- ACSELL: to sensitise the public sector, innovation intermediaries and SMEs towards expanding SME competencies by promoting open innovation ecosystems and integrating the user early in the innovation process with (interregional) a living lab approach. Speaker: Ms Sandra Evans
- SIE: increasing SME internationalisation capacity, improving SME Internationalisation Support. Internationalisation is a keyway for SMEs to innovate & grow and is an essential part of ensuring that Europe continues to compete in the global market. Speaker: Mr Steve Samson
- 40READY: Strengthening SME capacity to engage in Industry 4.0 Speaker: Mr Lorenzo Sabatini
- 11:30-12: 00 Q & A from the audience
A video of the webinar is made available at this link.
Here below some pictures taken during the online event.