South Muntenia Regional Development Agency (SMRDA) on October 5th and 6th, 2020, online through the ZOOM application, 'The third interregional event and the meeting of project partners'.
On the first day of this event, South Muntenia Regional Development Agency, as organizer, presented the initiatives and strategies at regional and national level and good practices identified in South Muntenia region, on circular economy in the agri-food sector. Along with SMRDA representatives and project partners, the project stakeholders also participated, including those who gave presentations at the event:
- the representative of the National Research-Development Institute for Chemistry and Petrochemistry - ICECHIM Bucharest - Calarasi Branch, presented Instruments that support circularity in agriculture and food industry;
- the representative of the National Research-Development Institute for Machinery and Installations for Agriculture and Food Industry - INMA Bucharest, presented Initiatives and strategies on the circular economy;
- the representative of the National Research-Development Institute for Chemistry and Petrochemistry ICECHIM Bucharest, presented The SEQUENT project, an approach for eliminating the (eco) innovation gap in circular bioeconomy;
- the representative of the National Research-Development Institute for Electrical Engineering ICPE-CA Bucharest gave the presentation entitled Applied research for the conversion of agri-food waste into biogas and by-products: results and barriers to project implementation, describing a new approach to agri-food waste and impact agri-food waste on the environment;
- the representative of Ateliere Fara Frontiere (AFF) supported the presentation Partnership for the circular economy of food waste and solidarity - Romania pilot project.
The event continued with a series of presentations of good practices identified in all project regions and virtual study visits on the circular economy in the agri-food sector in South Muntenia region, and at the end of the first day there was an interactive question and answer session. A number of 41 guests connected to the ZOOM application during the first day demonstrating high interest in this event.
On the second day of the event, dedicated to the project partners, which was attended by 26 guests, aspects related to the good running of the project were discussed: the results of the first stage of the project stakeholder consultation process, the analysis of good practices collected in the second semester, issues related to communication and dissemination activities, the stage of the project and the activities planned for the next period in each region.