19,2% of the population of Western Slovenia is over 65. Territorial data such as population density and dependency ratio reveal that older adults mainly live in the most rural areas, especially in the Goriška region. Ageing is expected to be more and more challenging in the country, as the Joint Research Centre recently reported that the ageing population will increase by more than 60% in Slovenian mountainous areas.
The Silver Economy is a sector already rather well known to local entrepreneurs and policy makers. Can digital innovation further boost the development of the Silver Economy in this territory? What are the existing initiatives supporting SMEs in the creation of innovative goods and services? Find out at a glance with our interactive infographic on Western Slovenia!
You can also catch up on global and regional demographic trends in Europe with:
- Our infographic on ageing in rural Europe!
- Our infographic on ageing in Teruel Province, Spain
- Our infographic on ageing in Hauts de France, France
- Our infographic on ageing in the Lubuskie region, Poland
- Our infographic on ageing in the Southern Ireland, Ireland
- Our infographic on ageing in the Province of Burgos, Spain
- Our infographic on ageing in region Dalarna, Sweden