STARTS in MOTION has been designed to empower artists and technologists in further developing their art-tech project by exploring the business side of their creative work. STARTS intends development not just as economic growth, but as a process to reach out to more people and to create more impact in the society, in a humane and inclusive way.
Overall, STARTS in Motion aims to unleash the full potential of the talents and changemakers who contribute to the development of an innovative STARTS ecosystem at European level.
The programme focuses on supporting tech-art projects in the following areas:
- Business plan: support in building a strong canvas.
- Business model: with a specific interest in creative entrepreneurship, open-source, creative commons and alternative pricing methodologies.
- Public funding: tips to access opportunities specially designed for art-tech collaborations and creative businesses, and how to build a strong application.
- Private funding: gaining knowledge on how it works and which strategies fit you better, introductions to business angels, investors, or/and advice on crowdfunding.
- Storytelling, marketing and pitching: upon the needs and targets defined, work on different types of presentations that translate your objectives and values.
- Intellectual Property and patenting: fundamentals and strategies to implement to protect rights when entering the market.
How it works:
This programme is flexible and tailor-made. No session is mandatory and the administrative burden is reduced at the minimum. Each team is free to make the best out of the programme: the more involved, the more benefits!
The first step, after being selected, is to have an individual assessment talk with the manager of the programme, where specific needs are analysed and objectives are determined, including an individual mentoring plan. Regular checks are made along the 4 months of implementation (March to June).
Through group workshops where experts introduce key topics, the participants gain general knowledge. Upon their interest, they can continue the discussions with up to 3 hours of individual mentoring sessions with the STARTS in MOTION experts, to work further and achieve meaningful changes. Each project can benefit from up to 4 mentors.
By the end of the programme on June 30th, participants have the opportunity to pitch for investors, sponsors and/or partners, according to their objectives. The STARTS in MOTION management team provides follow-up until November 2021, for additional questions and facilitation of contacts.
Who is eligible?
- All teams who have received a STARTS fund through a residency and/or a prize, and whose funding has ended.
- Tech - art projects: those where an artist works with a technologist/tech company to create an innovative prototype or solution .
- Tech - art solutions and prototypes that are ready for the market and need a final push .
- Tech - art solutions and prototypes that are already in the market and want to scale-up .
- Tech - art teams can be from anywhere in the world, but must consider compatibility with the CET time zone for workshops and mentoring sessions.
More information here: https://www.starts.eu/starts-in-motion-2021-open-call/
Deadline to apply: February 5th.