The best practice “New quality - integrated development program of the Rzeszów University of Technology” about improving the effectiveness of the RUT
Insufficient effectiveness of Rzeszów University of Technology in its key teaching and resource management, in line with the expectations of the socio-economic environment. Low practicality of classes, lack of cooperation with employers, inadequate qualifications of teaching staff to the needs of employers, insufficient practicality of education.
How objectives are reached:
The main goal of the project is to: improve the efficiency of the Rzeszów University of Technology in its key areas, i.e. teaching and resource management, in line with the expectations of the socio-economic environment. The implementation of the main goal is possible thanks to the planning of activities aimed at increasing the key competences among students of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Applied Physics, Faculty of Chemistry, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aviation, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Architecture, Faculty of Management and adapting the education program students of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aviation to meet the needs of the labor market.
The main stakeholders are:
Rzeszów University of Technology, Marshal's Office, Aviation Valley Cluster, Rzeszów Regional Development Agency, Podkarpackie Innovation Center, associations of entrepreneurs, enterprises from the socio-economic environment
Project management, funds for internships for students, training of teaching staff, cooperation with the social and economic environment.
Evidence of success
The results of the project are:
- increasing the competences of 2072 students (922 women, 1150 men) under the activities of universities supported by the ESF;
- reaching 30% of the percentage of graduates covered by the support who took up employment of approx. 641 people;
- implementation of changes in the management of the education process,
- increasing the teaching competences of 53 employees (19 women, 34 men);
- increasing management competences in 59 employees (37 women, 22 men).
• Selection of contractors in accordance with public procurement;
• The covid-19 pandemic;
• convincing final year students to take part in the project and internships;
• Cooperation between science and business;
Potential for learning or transfer
• Comprehensive project assumptions,
• making science practical,
• cooperation with the socio-economic environment,
• training of teaching staff,
• internships for students in enterprises
The project covers the implementation of tasks under the modules:
M1 - Module of education (MK) - includes activities related to the adaptation of the education program in the field of aviation and aerospace at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aviation to the needs of employers by introducing new classes entitled "Field training of the pilot 1,2".
M2 - Competence Building Module (MPK) - includes activities related to improving competences of students of Rzeszów University of Technology.
M3 - Internship Programs Module (MPS) - includes activities related to the implementation of high-quality domestic internships by 1003 students.
M4 - Management Module in Institutions of Higher Education - includes activities related to improving the competences of the RUT staff