TML index assessment mechanism is a tool developed in the international 4Steps project carried out as part of Interreg Central Europe
With 4STEPS project (Interreg CE) the TML index assessment was prepared and tested among the SMEs in partner regions.
Activity 1 – involvement of RIS3 related companies, providing a survey
Activity 2 –preparation of Mapping Reports and I4.0 catalogue
Activity 3 - TML Index creation and testing
In Activity 1 RIS3 analysis was made and companies to be involved were identified accordingly. Questionnaire template was agreed by the partnership, composed with questions on general information and related to the defined 9 dimensions of I4.0. Specific IT CRM system was provided. The rules of gathering data from SMEs was set up with flexibility.
With the results of the survey,inActivity 2,SMEs needs were mapped focusing onRIS3 priorities . A Supporting Catalogue was created to collect possible I4.0 services provided by PPs.
The results of the survey were also the base of the TML index in Activity 3. Specific formula was created to measure technology maturity. Results arebased on firm characteristics and behaviour six dimensions TML:
1.Average of the sectors in which suppliers and buyers operate and in which the firm is operating
2.Averageshare of graduates in R&D
3.Capability to raise funds for innovation
4.Internal and external R&D
5.No of I4.0 technologies in which the firm is operating and/or is investing
6.Depth of I4.0 technologies
Based on the TML index, companies for the pilot action were selected.
The main goal of the project is creation of DIH in the region.
- Proper software, most likely provided with External expertise – CRM system – after completion of the data – allowed to make different analysis
- Interviewers – external support in the colleting of surveys’ answers is need;
- Experts who will prepare analytics
Evidence of success
- 350 companies on the partnership level fill in the questionnaire – fulfilment of the project indicator
- Creation of the tool that can be used in different regions
- Raising awareness about digitalisation
- Innovation capacity building of the regional economic ecosystem
- Indication of the needs of SMEs in terms of digitalisation and technological improvements
- Supporting Catalogue of Industry 4.0 services
- Convincing the companies to take part in the project survey
- Low level of knowledge in terms of digitalisation and related benefits
- Creation of the CRM system adjusted to the needs of all partners
- TML index creation – selection of appropriate methodology
Potential for learning or transfer
- CRM system, questionnaire and TML index, after certain adjustments may be applied in different regions
- Created Supporting Catalogue of Industry 4.0 services may be used by different entities, as it is fully available on project website
- Prepared tools and methods may be used by other entities that are interested in creation of the Digital Innovation Hub