Flexibility in times of the COVID19-crisis is very important than ever. Adapting production to the needs of a rapidly changing market, while maintaining all san
The unexpected effects of the coronavirus on everyone in many companies. A sudden drop in contracts and the need to cut jobs. Need for a very quick reaction for a change. Plans and modifications of the action strategy change practically every day.
1. Introducing a sanitary regime - introducing rigors in accordance with the recommendations of the health service, media, other companies from around the world and precise marking of the need for appropriate behavior, eg limitations of personal meetings, greater distance.
2. Reducing the company's operating costs:
• temporary salary reduction (in accordance with the rules adopted in Poland)
• work time optimization
• optimization of energy consumption
• external services reduction (cleaning, legal support)
• Production optimization (1 shift, cost reduction)
3. Collective redundancy in May with progressive pandemic of Covid 19 and lack of orders.
4. Sales results for the 3rd quarter of 2020 - situation start to improve
Orders are coming back - people are called back to work again and again.
July changed the automotive market. All who were dismissed in May were re-hired. In September, more people were hired than those employed before March 2020.
5. In the fourth quarter, sales are still going up.The reasons - a lot of people are afraid of public transport - people are switching to cars that are safer.
The company still operates under the sanitary regime.
Stakeholders: companies, employees
After the lockdown season, the supply for automotive items is growing, so the labor force is the most necessary thing. The company is seeking for employees in the area of production, ICT etc.
Evidence of success
Maintenance of jobs / maintaining the economy
Sales results for the third quarter of 2020. Orders are coming back - people are called back to work again and again. July changed the automotive market. All who were dismissed in May were re-hired. The company hired 10 people in October and 5in November. They are still seeking for new employees in different production areas. It's a consolatory thing that workplaces could be saved.
It is not known what to do next. The company still operates under the sanitary regime.
Potential for learning or transfer
Stick to sanitary regimes and recommendations.
React immediately and flexibly adjust your action strategy - even every day
Observe the market - react to changes