A new market analysis called “Market analysis on urban traffic in Germany” was published yesterday by NOW GmbH. The statements and results of the analysis are the following:
• Urban logistical traffic offers great potential for battery electrical and hydrogen powered vehicles ;
• The extensive growth of e-commerce causes changes in urban logistical traffic ;
• Low-emission traffic in urban areas can reduce the problem of increasing greenhouse gas and pollutant emissions ;
• Analysis shows a high growth rate for small and light vehicle classes in urban areas - larger and heavier vehicle classes will only grow moderately or even shrink ;
• Analysis recommends to implement more funding programmes for battery electrical and hydrogen powered vehicles and charging infrastructure .
The analysis provides a good base for work regarding e-mobility on the existing funding programmes, as well as it confirms the need of more battery electrical and hydrogen powered vehicles in the cities.
You can find the market analysis in German here.
The “NOW GmbH National Organization for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology” coordinates and controls the National Innovation Program for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology (NIP) of the Federal Government and the funding guidelines for electromobility and charging infrastructure (LIS) of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI).