Margaret Quinn | Letterkenny
DIGITAL REGIONS partners have participated in the Interreg workshop on FabLabs and Makerspaces and shared our project experiences on this from the established FabLab network in Slovenia to a new start-up makerspace in Hof university.
It was an excellent session, chaired by Arnault Morisson, to learn about the key role fablabs / makerspaces have as catalysts for practical learning on digital innovation, regional re-generation and to share ideas about how to encourage their development. There was super inspiration from the experience of Tomas Diez Barcelona Fablabs.
From Portugal, attendees could listen about the challenges faced in establishing a food fablab from Claudia Rodrigues and Marta Evangelista, and also from Norway, on how a FabLab was made within an old shipyard.
We had participation from the DIGITAL REGIONS partners from Hof University, their Makerspace lead and also from WRDA Romania.
Please feel free to continue learning with these useful links:
- Exchange network hub for EU Maker movement
- FAB Academy network
- FabLab Barcelona
- Handbook/Guide for a connected city
- Fabricademy, a transdisciplinary course that focuses on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry.
- Portuguese technology supply and demand site
- Food FabLab Portugal
- Norwegian network of Innovation centres
- Norwegian Lab in an old shipyard